What can we do to enhance play experiences, build skills and confidence in all areas and reduce negative behaviours?
POSITIVE PLAYGROUNDS - Promoting co-operation and creativity outside the classroom. (Including Play Pods)
How do children play? What can we do to enhance play experiences, build skills and confidence in all areas and reduce negative behaviours? (and the need for constant adult intervention?)
In this session we will:
- Explore stages of play and the natural and meaningful role play has for children
- Inform you of relevant research
- Develop understanding of the benefits of incorporating nature play and loose parts into the school playground
- Discuss techniques to create a culture of positive behaviour and well being
- Support you to access, accumulate and incorporate a range of recycled and natural resources into your school playground
- Hear first hand from a school leader how playground parts nurtures play and transformed the playground.
PD suitable for leaders, teachers and educators in Primary School and OSHC (Children 5-12 years of age)
Australian Professional Teaching Standards: APTS -1.2,3.4,4.2,6.2
Morning Tea and Lunch provided
Start & Finish Times: 9.30am to 3.30pm